Tuesday, February 05, 2008

toes



The toes on my left foot have been plaguing me lately and I feel like cutting them off. I used to get chillblains in the UK a lot especially in winter time, but it's hot over here now and what I have now is fairly similar; itchy but burning and more like water blisters. I thought it might be the pool but can't see why really. Then I thought it could possibly be gout (there's a lot of it about over here) but a quick surf indicated that it probably wasn't (the internet really is a hypochondriac's paradise) Anyway gout sounds far more painful - and affects the joints - apparently you can't even bear to have a bed sheet lightly pressing upon a gouty toe - they get that sensitive. Plus gout seems to be affected by diet. I only eat two-legged meat for a start (bar the odd rasher) and I don't drink red wine or spirits only pinot. Maybe it is the swimming. Hmmm. I should try lavender water tinged with pink - but that didn't do the Pobble much good...

7 comments:

Facety said...

Fasinating.

far away said...

'c'


well at least I update my blog!

Elinor said...

Can't be gout - you aren't Henry VIII. Replace the water in your pool with asses' milk and release your inner Cleopatra.

far away said...

I don't think the municipality (or the other swimmers) would approve Elinor & Cleo just left me bingowings..

Jon Peacey said...

Gout used to be the rich aristo's affliction caused by drinking too much Port. According to the newspaper the other day it's making a major comeback in the UK due to the serious alcoholism.

I seize up in cold and damp weather...

Elinor said...

I hear you on the bingo wings! I don't wear a habit for nothing, you know...

Anna said...

I get chillblains - on my fingers. Hurts like hell!

My sympathies whatever it is - hope your toes are better by now (I'm a bit late to your post!