Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dear Miss Lonelyhearts,

I am at the end of my tether. Please advise. Lately my husband of 8 years has been receiving facebook messages from a man in Israel. I am not normally the jealous type and his desk top correspondence does not generally concern me. However, he has been inundated with hugs from this man who appears to be at least 20 years his senior in age. Apparently they met on the West Bank in a war zone several years ago.

Last night he received 14 hugs with big 'X' kisses from this man. I have considered that perhaps his admirer is someone who is not yet fully versed in the ways of facebook or that he possibly may be insane.

However my heart is full of gloom in anticipation

Please advise me urgently as I do not know where to turn...

Yours in torment.

Far Away

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Far Away

Does the husband return the hugs?

Near by said...

Dear Miss Lonelyhearts,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. My husband has not even launched his funwall, let alone hug anyone. He only sent me a gingerbread man because I showed him how to do it.

I tried to discuss this with him over Sunday lunch today (roast chicken with parmesan) All he told me was that he saved this man's life.

This afternoon his admirer sent 2 trembling ♥ hearts and a double expresso.

I am at now my wits end.

Far Away

Peas on Toast said...

Hi Far Away

I'm sorry to hear this, it's shit. What I'd do - and I may be wrong, I am most of the time - but I'd be dead fucking honest. I'd approach your husband, tell him you have read his Facebook stuff and you want to know what's going on.

You could avoid it, make assumptions, or force yourself to accept it, and maybe you will. However, I know I'd burst after a while and want to know. If it's that secret, he won't have problems telling you how it is - good or bad.

Just my two cents :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Far Away,

It sounds to me like this man is simple in the head and in awe of your husband.

What is your fear exactly? That he is a stalker or there is something sinister about your husband's past?

Near by said...

Oh Miss Lonelyhearts - it's a disaster!

Just now he instant messaged my husband to say he is flying in via Windhoek on Wednesday and needs a place to stay....

Near by said...

and thank you also Peas on Toast for your kind thoughts

Elinor said...

I'm sending the Brides of Christ to stake out Windhoek.

Near by said...

Thanks for that Elinor but the plane was diverted via Lanseria this afternoon and will land in CT 4pm local time.

I will keep you posted. Please pray.